Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's day from Kenya

So I am here in Nairobi. Until Saturday! It's a long story, and since I am using the business center at the (very classy) Sarova Stanley Hotel, I will keep it short for now and write more later!

It's been a long journey already and I only started 2 days ago. I saw Amsterdam, and today, I missed my flight from Kenya to Malawi. I nearly lost it. But I got to call mom, Brando, and Chris Buck and hearing those nice voices helped me to fight back the tears of hearing that I will be here for 2 nights since there are no open flights for tomorrow! I did get to meet 4 nice Swedes who are in the same predicament as me, and I am going along lunching and walking around with them. I will write more later. Miss you guys.

Tired and smelly,
kat

2 comments:

Mini said...

Well it sounds like you're able to see the country of your layover, so that's a bonus in a way. Now you can say you've actually really been to Kenya (rather than just an airport or something). Sorry, though, that must be frustrating.

Brandon De Jong said...

hey sweetie, glad you're feeling better, and I was happy you called me yesterday. Enjoy you free time in Kenya... but not to much YFC! I love you